SAMSUNG ML-2950 False PAPER JAM error...

I have cleaned and checked this printer six ways from Sunday... I have upgraded the firmware and checked every inch of the paper path.. The paper feeds thru the Manual Feeder but the PAPER JAM light comes on at power up.. Status indicators on computers attached to the Printer via network and USB all say that there is a paper jam error..

The problem started a few days ago... Futzing with it (reseating various doors, trays, cartridges, etc etc) got it to work at first, but now it's totally non-responsive..

Short of throwing it off the roof (a serious consideration at this point) what other options can I try??

Thanx in advance for any hints or tips..

Follow up on this.. I was futzing around with it some more. After... er.. accidentally dropping it a time or two, it seemed to work fine.. I was able to actually print some test sheets.. Everything printed fine. I hooked it back up to the computer and printed a Test Page. Got the PAPER JAM error half way thru the printout, and now it's back to can't get rid of the JAM error..

It's got to be the JAM PAPER sensor, no??

Ask a Question