Secure Connection

PDN

Hello
I had an HP printer and used to connect an ethernet cable from the all in one to the router. I downloaded HP print from th store. I then would go to each device like a phone and once I found the SSID I would connect using the home secure network's password.

I now have the Epson WF 2760 and although I connect from the ethernet the same way, I am told I can only use iprint for the phone and Cloud print for the chromebook. I am using a desktop to write this note .
I am looking for the most secure way to use this all in one.

Is there some reason I cannot use the system for this Epson I did for the HP above?
Is wireless more secure than iprint and Cloud print.
I tried to set wifi up at the printer and there were no characters on the keypad like I have in my network password like ?, ! etc.
I obviously need some help. Please do what you can as I have really tried to do this alone with manuals and charts. Even phone support has been a bit confusing and contradictory.
Thank you
Peter

PDN

Thank you for the referral but my printer, WF 2760 is not listed.
May I ask you 2 questions?
I have all set up with iprint and the epson enabler for my phone and cloud print for the chromebook as epson advises.
I connect my printer to the router with an ethernet cable.

Is it more secure to use iprint or to go wirelessly?

I don't know if wirelessly joins my router's secure network but that seems likely and would be a god hing. I have already set up for iprint and cloud ready so if you think wireless is more secure, do I have to delete any of the prior setup?
Thank you

PDN: You missed second video, which is WF-2760 specific. Just Click white Arrow button. Not familiar with I-Print.
If printer were mine, it would be connected wirelessly to router. We do not respond to security questions.

PDN

I think you are right to involve my router's settings but Epson tech said to use iprint for the phone and cloud ready for the chromebook.

Ask a Question