Sticker Printer Won't Work on Network

I have a total of 6 Brother P-touch 9800PCN sticker printers on my network and after a recent power outage, the two that are on my network show up as offline on the network. The other four are wired to their respective computers with usb and work just fine. Even these two on the network will work fine if connected through usb as opposed to ethernet.

- I tried power cycling the router/printer/computer. No luck.
- I tried uninstalling the devices and removing all software before reinstalling the drivers. No luck.
- I don't have 'Work Offline' selected or 'Pause Printing' selected in the settings.

- When installing the printer drivers, the printers and their IP's show up and are selectable.
- The IP's also show up on the router's connected devices list but their names show up as 'unknown'.

If anyone has any ideas on what else to try/do then I appreciate it!

For Windows 7 - 10
Follow this:
Control Panel -> Devices & printers -> Right Click Printer Icon -> Select "See Whats Printing"
Under "Printer" - Remove Check "Use Printer Off-line"

For Windows 7 - 10
Follow this:
Control Panel -> Devices & printers -> Right Click Printer Icon -> Select "See Whats Printing"
Under "Printer" - Remove Check "Use Printer Off-line"

Thank you for your response Ruffin! I already have that option unselected for both of the printers.

if you open a web browser and type in the IP address, can you access the device this way? did the IP addresses change after the power outage? is there a new software installed that could be blocking it? or is another device trying to use the IP address of the machine?

Ask a Question