Trouble printing B&W photos on a Canon MG7520

I am using a NEW Canon MG7520 printer, my old one that had to be 12 years old, at least, gave up the ghost. I was able to find a new, unused printer, that matched my old one, which I loved. It prints beautiful color photos, it's the B&W problem.

I posted the following question years ago, on this site:

Is there anyway, on my Canon MG7520 printer, that I can print a true B&W photo. I have scanned B&W photo's, gone to Photoshop and saved them in greyscale. I am printing from an iMac computer. When you set the printer to grayscale, you get a photo that is a sepia color, not B&W. The printer always uses another color as well as black to print out. I have tried all settings and paper, but can not get a photo print that is "B&W", like the photo's that I had scanned

I found this answer somewhere and it worked.

I found how to do it myself. Set printer for plain paper, even if using photo paper. DO NOT SET it for borderless printing. Go to Quality & Media, set for Standard Printing and Grayscale Printing. It will then print in true B&W. If you set it for borderless printing it will not work. Try it let me know if it works for you.

But now when I print, I get beautiful B&W photos, BUT, they have a super fine black line going through them, the lines are about an inch a part, hardly noticeable, but still there. If I print the photos any other way, the lines are not there, but the photos are no longer true B&W. As I said it prints beautiful color photos with no problem.

Any suggestions?

Mike

It appears to be difficult to print black and white images on the Canon MG7520. The printer could be having trouble adequately reproducing grayscale tones even when you have selected monochrome settings. Seeking for updated drivers or getting in touch with Canon support will help you get the best possible outcomes when printing black and white photos.top following

Ask a Question