Trying To Print From Another Computer On My Network

In my house I have 2 computers. A family computer downstairs hooked up to an Epson Stylus NX125, and my personal computer upstairs in my bedroom. For school, I am always typing documents and creating projects in the latest version of Microsoft Word, and whenever I need to print something, I need to send the file to myself and download it on the downstairs computer. While this works, it is long and tedious and I usually run into a few problems doing this. The computer downstairs is kind of old. running Windows 7 and a 2007 version of Microsoft Office. Whenever I transfer my files to print, the older version of Word usually messes up my formatting and some downloaded fonts. I need to be able to just print right from the upstairs computer so I don't have to worry about my projects getting messed up. I know its possible because I used to have a laptop, and a good friend of mine set it up so I could print wirelessly, but Im not sure how he did it. Any help is appreciated, Thanks! (My family computer is running Windows 7, while my personal computer is running Windows 10)

Just to clarify "My Network":
You have a router and network with established SSID and Passphrase?
Old computer is connected wireless or wired to router?
New computer is wireless and connects to router network?
Dont think your printer has wireless capability?
Does your printer have USB connection or Ethernet cable?

Just to clarify "My Network":
You have a router and network with established SSID and Passphrase?
Old computer is connected wireless or wired to router?
New computer is wireless and connects to router network?
Dont think your printer has wireless capability?
Does your printer have USB connection or Ethernet cable?
Yes, I have a router and network with an established SSID and Passphrase. Old computer is connected wired to the router. New computer is wirelessly connected to the router. Printer has USB connection. I used to be able to print wireless on my laptop.

Your printer must be wireless to router for you to print direct from upstairs new computer.
Unfortunately it has only USB hookup capability. Your old computer controls what is fed to
printer.

You can send your document out as email attachment from new computer.
Have old computer retrieve email and send attachment to printer for printing.
Regards
Florida, USA

Ask a Question