Two Completely Different Problems

Howdy ll y'all,
I'm a noobie here, but have been using Brother printers for several years. Currently my wife uses an MFC-490cw and I have a slightly newer MFC 495cw. I had to re-install my MFC 495 cw and have misplaced the install disk so went on line and downloaded and installed the files drivers, and Control Center 3. I am running Windows XP SP3 with a dual boot with Linux Mint Debian Edition.

Problem 1: I have Control Center 3, but it will not let me switch my email from"scan to email" from Outlook Express 6 to anything else. I currently am using Firefox as my chief browser and Hotmail as my email. Can someone tell me how to effect this change please?? The configuration window doesn't give me any choice.

Problem 2: Since Microsoft is ceasing support for Windows XP next April, upgrading to Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 will require that we purchase new computers as our old ones do not have to necessary hardware to run the newer Windows. My wife will probably upgrade to a laptop with Windows 8.1, but since I've been working with Linux, I find it preferable to Windows for many reasons.

My Question: Can I instal Control Center 3 onto a Linux operating system. I have the printer and scanner drivers and the printer works well with LMDE operating system, but I'd like to have CC3 on my LMDE. Advice or suggestions, please?

Thanks.
Harmmmmoniously(I'm a barbershop singer),
tlcmd (aka Dick)

Ask a Question