Unable to find right printer

Hello All!

I found this forum after searching for a new printer for several months now. My Canon Pixma MX882 got the dreaded B200 error and tried everything on here and other sites to remedy the error but to no avail. I need a multifunction printer with ADF, duplex scan and print (scan 2 sided documents and print on 2 sides automatically), photo print capable, Fax, less than $200 and finally a large tank or low cost ink cartridges (if possible). The most important thing I need is the ADF with duplex scan/print.

I looked at the Epson ecotank printers with ADF but it has a very small screen and no auto duplex scan (only duplex print). The XP7100 has duplex scan/print but no Fax.

I found the HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 seems to satisfy my needs (it has small screen though). However, I am hesitant on HP after going through 3 HP printers in 2 years with the same plastic cog breaking. This was what caused me to buy a Canon which has served me long and well. Has their quality improved?

I found other printers but were either too large or too expensive.

I need it soon because my son started school and will be needing printing capabilities for homework.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks for all your advice in advance.

I'm sure you can eventually find the right printer that has your requirements. There are lots of good brands to choose from such as Samsung, Sony and Lenovo for a change from the common HP, Epson and Canon brands. Monochrome is my favorite so far.

Ask a Question