Unwanted HP Pop Up Ads every time we print after new HP cartridge!

Product Name: HP OfficeJet6962, but it makes no difference
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Long time HP user (at least 20 years)...I'm about to quit and go to Canon or anything else. Had this printer for 2 years. We installed a new HP ink cartridge two days ago and now every time we print, we get an instant pop up ad trying to sell us an ink plan from HP--not on-line, but just on the desktop--screen shot attached. This is absolutely unacceptable. If this is what HP has to do to generate business, they lost mine. What gives with this garbage? Also, if you click on the pop up, you can't do anything but close it. This is the last straw for us with HP. Anybody have any ideas before I chuck the printer and change brands??? Also, HP says they have chat until 2am, bit I couldn't even find the link to do that. Can't speak to anyone at HP. Terrible customer service, and after paying an absurd price for ink, I don't need to have them push ads on me. Enough!

Attachments

• HP Pop Up 8-2018.png
    HP Pop Up 8-2018.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 211
Under Settings in the Message Center in the HP Printer Utility, turn-off Display HP Alerts

Try this then:

Settings/Web Services Settings HP ePrint OFF HP Printables OFF Remove Web Services

Ask a Question