Using my Laserjet 6MP with a Mac running 10.7.5

I read some posts here on printer forums about getting a Laserjet 6MP to work with Macs. I haven't been successful with aUSB connection from my 6MP (with 3MBytes memory), which does not seem to be recognized by my MacBook Pro running 10.7.5. (I haven't seen it recognized by any Mac computer since an one of the 10.6 updates). A USB driver for this machine doesn't appear to be provided by either Gutenprint or ASU print drivers.

I read that someone is using JetDirect EX Plus. I was wondering if you just plug the USB directly into the JetDirect EX Plus? Is there a way to connect it wirelessly as well? I am not network savvy at all, but I do have a wireless router.

Also, would you know if 31,000+ is a high page count for a LaserJet 6P/6MP? I don't know if I should continue to invest in this printer, or donate it and get a newer one. (I can't afford brand new at this point).

Ask a Question