Why can't I edit a jpg scanned on my Epson ET-2850 printer

I have an Epson ET-2850 printer which has the scanner function included. I've scanned a pic to my PC but I'm unable to edit it. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Each time I try to edit it and save it I get the following error message;

Location is not available.
C:Users\OEM\Documents\Epson scanned docs in unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted.

The printer works fine and it's connected via my Internet. The only problem I seem to be having is not being able to edit and pic I've scanned and saved on my PC. I've saved pics to various locations but at no time does it allow me to save any edited pics and I get the error message above.

I'm obviously doing something wrong with the scanning side of things so I'd be grateful if someone can put me right on this. This error has only recently happened. I've scanned and edited pics before with no problem.

I'm not sure what software you are editing with, but it sounds like the 'Save As' destination path is looking for a folder that doesn't exist. You might want to create a new folder, and find in the software where you set the 'save' and/or 'save as' destination.

Last edited:

Ask a Question