wifi and USB connect to printer

Epson XP 640 can't find computers when trying to scan from printer control panel using wifi. One computer only a couple feet away.

Use Epson scan application on computer. Scanner Driver and Epson Scan 2 Utility v6.0.2.0.
Available here: https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/XP-Series/Epson-XP-640/s/SPT_C11CF50201
May already be installed ur computer
Dont connect both WIFI and USB together. Do u have router?
Is printer set to router SSID for WIFI? If no router, then must use USB only.
What is ur OS?
Let us know
We have a wireless router Lynksys ea 2700 . The printer scans just fine with both computers when I use Epson Scan 2. The problem is if I want to scan using the panel on the printer to either computer. The printer won't see either computer. Not big problem I can use Epson Scan 2. My OS is Win. 10

Scan function at control panel is scanning to printer directly. That is to say item that u scan
will then be printed out by printer. Not meant to scan back to computer. Sounds like everything
working normally. This is to allow one to make copies without use of computer. Like a copy
machine. Hope this helps. Advise

Scan function at control panel is scanning to printer directly. That is to say item that u scan
will then be printed out by printer. Not meant to scan back to computer. Sounds like everything
working normally. This is to allow one to make copies without use of computer. Like a copy
machine. Hope this helps. Advise
Thanks for the help Rufus.

Ask a Question