WorkForce WF-3540 wireless frustrations

Hello, I have an Epson WF-3540 working wirelessly (sometimes). We have a Windows 7 PC and two MacBooks running 10.7 and three iPhones. We use the printer for scanning as well as printing. Here is what we experience....

From the Windows PC I can find the printer and it prints. But it only scans some of the time. In many cases I can scan two or three documents but then it says "Can't find scanner" on the next document. (Why would it just stop working??)

From the MACs, I often can't find the printer at all for printing or scanning. But sometimes it works.

From the iPhones I usually can't find the printer. Once in a while, the bonjour gods smile on me and the printer shows up. Frequently when that happens, only one of our three iPhones can find it.

I am thinking that this is due to the printer getting different IP address from the router after it's lease expires (set for 7 days). My router will not let me reserve IP addresses (Belken somthing or other) so I am considering putting the printer on a wired connection with a static IP.

Thoughts???? Thanks!

Found it!

Hello all, I solved my own problem. After much seraching and testing I borrowed an HP e-printer to see if it worked any better. I found that both printers were either availalable or not at the same time. This got me looking at the network. I found that Belkin and Linksys routers have issues with AirPrint. I have a Belcan N150. I found that there was an undate to the firmware available and that has not completely corrected the issue but the prnters are avaialble most of the time. And if they are not, a reboot of the router fixes the issue.

Ask a Question