Xerox Workcentre 6515DN Smudging

I'm having a weird smudging issues on the right-hand side of every page printed from a Xerox Worcentre 6515DN. I've done the built in drum cleaning within the printer settings with no change. Each of the drums is showing 60% life remaining and the waste cartidge is showing OK. I'm not quite sure what else to try before calling someone in to take a look.

IMG_0653.jpg

have a look at the transfer belt see if it is torn or has something stuck to it
it is above the drum (image) units
Thank you! If I open the rear door on the printer, I see what I believe is the transfer drum. It looks like a black film and it has some dirt/smudges on it. I printed 20 blank documents from MS Word, I thought it had cleared up, but now it's back to printing the smudges again. I also performed the transfer cleaning within the printer a few times with no luck. Is the best option to purchase a transfer kit?

when you ran blank sheets through it cleaned the belt because no toner was being used
when you printed it used toner and the toner adhered to the anomaly on the belt
take out the transfer belt and have look at it
if something on belt clean with a soft cloth with water be gentle they can buckle
if its glue use wd40 then clean off with water
some chemicals in cleaning products can react with the belt

Ask a Question