3rd party Dell 3130CN cartridges bad luck?

Hi,
I recently bought a 3130CN printer and it works great on Dell Cartridges.
I then bought 4 high capacity cart. from Rosewill and had trouble with all the colored cart. The black works fine. The yellow was asking to restart printer and error code 016-370. The magenta was orange and the cyan wouldn't allow the printer to function at all.

Any else out there have this printer? If so, what brand cart do you use.
I tried setting the printer to non-dell cart., but that didn't help.
Thanks for any help.

YEAH, I find the same problem. It is caused by the toner's chip. I have tried using 3rd party black toner will little success....some but little. I also have tried at least 3 different chips in the toner, the only one that works reliably is that from Dell. My printer is less than a year old! I HATE IT!

I would never recommend this printer and I do NOT CARE WHAT THE PRINT QUALITY IS LIKE!!! The #$%^ thing is unaffordable to use because I am forced to use toners supplied by the manufacturer. The machine came equiped with Dell toner, all with limited printed page capability. The black toner which is the only one I use, burped after only a few reams.

Not sure how long I will keep this piece of $xxxx! If I junk this thing and I am close to doing that, I will make sure whatever I purchase accepts 3rd party toner.

Dell really screwed up by not forcing end users to purchase the print paper from them. What greed!

Foggy

Actually, any printers accept 3rd party manufacturer's products. You just really have to find the compatible products for your printer model. But before that, you should reset your cartridge because that's what prevent your from refilling. How to do that? Buy a reset chip. After that, you can start doing the usual refill.

Ask a Question