An ink level problem in an Epson printer

I just got this Epson WF-2670 multi purpose inkjet printer last month. Before I get into the problem it self. This Epson printer is very noise. The gears make almost as much noise as my old maniacal model 15 teletype printer. :D

Anyways. The screen picture bellow shows that all 4 cartridges about 3/4th full. But when I print out a color page. The color page comes out as if the magenta tank is empty. I don't have the Fred Myers receipt or the paperwork, install disk, power cord for the power box and the ink cartridges. I had to buy a power cord at Goodwill and get new ink cartridges at Cartridge World. I had to download the drivers and the users guide. All that stuff in the bag is lost somewhere in my room. So is the print head dirty or bad? Is it something that I can clean, I have cleaned print heads before, or take it back to the store, or send it to the factory for warrantee repairs?

Steve

ink levels.jpg

By the way the printer was working fine for most of the month. It just started acting up about 2 days ago.

Take out the print cartridge, wet a paper towel and lightly press the printheads onto the paper towel. If you can see all four colors then the printhead is fine. Be careful that you don't touch the metal strip in the back.

If the print head is fine, then what?. I have soaked print heads on printers that I have had for a few years. But I never rain across this in a brand new printer. I am wondering though this was the last printer, the one on the display shelf. I am wondering if I got sold a damaged printer?

Take out the print cartridge, wet a paper towel and lightly press the printheads onto the paper towel. If you can see all four colors then the printhead is fine. Be careful that you don't touch the metal strip in the back.

If the print pattern shows then you may have to carefully blow a bit of air through the holes under the label. I've personally only had to do this with outdated cartridges.

The cartridges come from Cartridge World. They are not brand new cartridges. They are rebuilt ones. I have been buying cartridges from them for years without a problem. It is a very small margin but a bad cartridge can slip through the cracks. I think the magenta cartridge is bad. I will contact Cartridge World tomorrow morning and see if I can get a replacment

If the print pattern shows then you may have to carefully blow a bit of air through the holes under the label. I've personally only had to do this with outdated cartridges.

Ask a Question