Another Brother 2070N black spot

Hi,

I recently changed my toner (used MPI from Monoprice) on my Brother HL2070N and now have a black spot in the right marigin area exactly ever 37MM (approx. 1.45 inches). It has not gone away after over thirty prints...

I have read the measurements of other parts in a different thread about black spots, but nothing matches up to this problem.

Since the spot is the same, and is exactly 37MM apart, I do not suspect I coincidentally got two similar spots on the drum at the same time.

But if not the drum, what is it? Could the toner be faulty and cause this issue? Or what else?

Last edited:
Drum

Seems still like the drum issue though its hard to tell, probably needs servicing.

Last edited:
I called Brother, who indicated it could be either the toner or drum. However, they suspected toner due to the spacing of the spots and the fact that the toner had just been replaced prior to the problem.

I RMA'd the toner, which they replaced. All is fine now....

Sorry... A lot of worry for nothing.....

Ask a Question