Any printer recommendations please

Hi. I've been happily using Canon printers for many years to print off my photos and am perfectly happy with my faithful old Pixma iP4500. However, later in the year I am going to undertake the project of printing some calendars for my charity and am thinking of updating my printer to a more professional model to do it.The pages only need to be A4 size and the intitial print run will be 1250 pages onto a high quality semi gloss paper. I am not not concerned about my new printer having all the bells and whistles such as wireless capabilities or super fast printing etc, its all about the print quiality (bearing in mind that I will be selling the calendars). I am mainly wanting the images to be of a high quality to begin with but also last over time. Ideally I do not wish to spend over £200 though whether this is realistic or not I dont know. Having used Canon for so many years, I havn't considered any other brand as yet though if there is another model out there which may be more suited to my needs, I would consider it. If anyone has any opinions on what might be a good buy for me, I would be very pleased to hear them. Many thanks, Sharon.

Hi Sharon,
I'm a bit wary of recommending one specific printer simply because its quite a personal thing, as you're looking for a more professional finish, I'd recommend visiting Home | PhotographyBLOG they have reviews on various printers coming specifically from a photographers point of view, which you may find useful and informative.

Ask a Question