Brother cartridge chip

Hi all!

First message here!

I've recently acquired a Brother MFC-J825DW printer from Amazon Germany (all those years invested in learning german have proved useful after all) at the hefty price of 188 EUR.

I was interested in this printer because it has a fax machine, which I need for my business (Law Firm) and because it seems it was one of the last Brother models to use plain cartridges without a chip. Finding a MFCJ825DW in stock was a pain in the *ss.

This printer has been replaced by a newer model, the 870DW whose cartridges include a chip. The 870DW is cheaper than the 825DW and I've seen Refillable Brother cartridges for sale with an ARC or auto-reset chip and I wanted to ask you if the chip in these cartridges eventually "dies out" or something like that and needs replacement because in my country (Spain) the unemployment rate is so much through the roof (google it...) that every cent has to be saved.

Kind regadards,

Garellano.

Ask a Question