New ink cartridge in Brother DCP-J925DW printer not recognised.

I have 2 Brother printers - a DCP-J925 DW and a MFC-J825DW which are almost identical. I put a new Magenta ink cartridge into the DCP-J29 and it would not recognise it . I then took the Magenta cartridge out of the MFC -J28 and put it into the DCP-J29 and it wouldn't recognise it either yet the MFC-J28 recognises both cartridges. Any ideas? I have cleaned as best as possible the Magenta slot on the DCP-J29.
Thanks.
Glen.

Hi Glen,

It might just be having trouble reading the chip on the cartridge. You can override this by blocking out the chip altogether. I’ve got a quick video which shows you how.

Hi Knowhow,
thanks for your reply and video. Unfortunately it didn't fix my problem - the cartridge is still not detected. Thanks anyhow. Glen

Hi Knowhow,
thanks for your reply and video. Unfortunately it didn't fix my problem - the cartridge is still not detected. Thanks anyhow. Glen

Ok
Hi Knowhow,

Hi Glen - pls try this- remove all the ink cartridges, then install each one at a time, closing the door and selecting YES when prompted. Do this process one by one. You can also try powering off your printer and unplug for 20 mins (this resets the memory)

Ask a Question