Brother HL-2230 stopped working

I've had a Brother HL-2230 for a short while. I used up all of the toner & the light turned on, so I bought a new (not original) toner cartridge. I swap out the cartridge & the light remains, so I also buy an imaging drum. Swap that out & the light remains.

Looking at the software, it knows when the printer is on/off, open/closed or on standby. But I can't get it to turn off that light & just let me print! Does anyone know what I've missed?

It could well be the non-original toner cartridge as I had a similar problem with another Brother Model when I used a cheaper toner cartridge.

Thanks for the reply!

Actually, I should have taken this post down. I called Brother & they told me that if the toner light is on, but the Ready light is not, then it is a firmware issue. I've flashed the firmware (with their instructions) and it works fine now.

According to me the problem was the cartridges. In this cartridges they are reset gear in position on when they are not use and position off when they are use. So it's possible when you are buy this cartridges the gear are in position off and the reset of the printer not pass.

Ask a Question