Brother MFC-8810DW Jams only on first page of the day

When the printer hasn't been used for a while, like overnight or several hours, the first page jams about halfway through the drum. The page is about half printed but the toner is not fused. I remove the paper and the printer automatically restarts the job and runs just fine. This only happens on the first page. I've not been able to find anyone who mentions this type of jam after much online searching. Suggestions would be appreciated.

The paper is settling onto the other sheets overnight and creating the jam. Try changing brands of paper and also cleaning any rubber rollers with a Q-tip and a drop of warm water, not alcohol. Or if you can remember in the morning, remove the top half of printer paper from the tray and fan it to loosen the papers up from each other. Before putting back in and continuing your day. We've had to do that during testing sometimes with varous papers.

I cleaned the rollers and, so far, it's been working on the first try. Never could figure out why it only did this on the first page, then worked fine after that unless the heat from the fuser caused the rubber rollers to be slightly more grabby.

Thanks.

That was most likely the issue then. I see there are multiple rollers on that model printer. If it starts acting up again, I would do a thorough cleaning with warm water and dawn platinum with a Q-tip to make sure it stays grabbing. This is a really common thing that happens over time to almost every printer. I'm glad you were able to get it back up and printing!

Ask a Question