Brother MFC-J4620DW Maintenance code

IML

My Bother multi-function won't scan or copy because it reports Out of Memory. The Manual is hopeless, it only gives instructions on how to clear memory when sending or receiving a fax, so I had a long online chat with a Brother tech support person, who guided me to the maintenance display, which brings up a numeric keypad on the display. He told me to enter 91, so I did that and the display shows "Select 91?", but I can't see how to "select" - there's no obvious "enter" or "select" button, and at that point the Brother helper metaphorically threw his hands in the air and told me to phone an engineer. But he couldn't give me a number for an engineer, giving me a link to the Brother support website where he said I'd find the number. But all I get there is my nearest repair place... so all I want to do is answer yes to "Select 91?". Can anyone tell me how to do that?
I'm hoping...

On my machine, MFC J6935DW, in the maintenance menu, when you see Select 91 you want to push the "mono" key. That seems to be the go to enter key in that menu.

Ask a Question