Brother mfcJ480dw cannot connect to Verizon home internet router/modem

HI all I just joined this forum in search of a problem i'm having. I live in a small Florida town and Verizon has finally brought their Wireless home internet online. I set up the router/modem with no problem and enabled my phone and a tv recorder/receiver with no problems. When I try to tie my Brother mfcJ480
printer, it fails no mater what I try. It will not see the router and cannot be hooked up by a wireless connection. This does not seem to be a problem with the
Verizon router/modem. I believe this to be an old issue according to some closed threads on some Verizon boards. I hope someone may have an answer. Thanks

To this day, wireless and printers are just as far apart as when the concept was first implemented for public use. At least that's the case in my experience. In this case, I would suggest that the router uses much newer technology than what the printer has inside it. We've talked to many HP printer users who face the same exact problem. The solution is a USB or ethernet cable.

Ask a Question