Cannot get WiFi to wake my Epson Workforce 4640 Printer

I have an Epson Workforce 4640 Printer.

My Router is a NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (24x8) DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo (C7000).

I have changed the setting on the Printer to not go to sleep, but it still goes to sleep - or perhaps turns off completely.

When I next try to print to or scan from printer, it will not wake up. I have to go and manually turn the printer on again. The printer is only connected by Wi-Fi - it is in a different room.

This is kind of driving me crazy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
That did help in diagnosing the problem.

I have found the exact problem. I have the Power Off Timer Settings turned to "Off", and "Sleep" turned to something like 5 minutes. If the printer is sleeping I can print to it, no problem. However for some reason the printer is not respecting the Power Off Timer Settings.

I changed the settings to something like 30 minutes, then put the setting back to off. Will check later today and if it turned off again I will reset the printer to factory defaults and see if that fixes the issue.

I have downloaded and installed the latest firmware upgrades.

See pages 31, 32 & 33 of your printer manual here:

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd40083.pdf

Ask a Question