Cannot print to lexmark C530 on a network

We have a Lexmark C530 on a small home network. The Lexmark connects into a wireless router (provided by Sky, our ISP) via an ethernet cable. The router also has an HP All in One connected to it via a JetDirect 170X Print Server. We have 3 computers connected to the network. 2 via wi-fi, one (an Apple G5) physically connected via an ethernet cable into the router.

The system has been working perfectly, then in the last few days, we cannot print the Lexmark. We can still print to the All in One. Now whenever we try and print, we get the pop up message "This document failed to print". The job then just stays stuck on the print queue. To my knowledge, nothing has changed. The Mac can still print to the Lexmark but neither of the Windows machines. I have unistalled and reinstalled the printer, but still no joy.

Any suggestions as to what may have happened and how I can fix it?

Cheers.

Is it possible that the printer had its IP address changed through DHCP? Pull a network config page from the printer and check the IP address. See if it is different from the IP address you have listed in the port settings for the printer installation. If it does you can either set a manual IP address for the printer that is that same as the installed IP or create a new port with the IP address of the printer and change to that. The Apple may not be printing to an IP address as the PC's are most likely printing. There are really many ways to set the printer up on a PC, but I bet that for now the IP address has changed on the printer and it will not communicate with the PC's until remedied.

Ask a Question