Canon ip4200 Y Cartridge leeching black ink

Trying to find theories as to why my Canon iP4200 yellow cartridge is leeching black ink from somewhere. I noticed the yellow was printing sort of gray, and upon examination, the cartridge had leeched black ink into the yellow cartridge, and possibly the Mag&Cyan. I purged the (Canon) tank and refilled it, and the next day the sponge had again leeched black ink into it. Is this a problem anyone can recognize or offer a possible troubleshoot or remedy? I have a new set of genuine cartridges, but want to see if I can narrow this issue down to it's most likely cause and avoid tainting my new cartridges. This model has a Pigmented black as well as an ink black cartridge. They are all Canon tanks and really low now, so maybe that fact will assist in troubleshooting. I don't have an ink black - intend to refill that one. Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks

Edit/Delete Message

Ask a Question