Canon ip4700

Thank you very much for your help.
Unfortunately, neither of the links were of assistance. I am afraid the printer will not operate in Windows 11.
Regards David

My IP4700 worked fine under Win 10. I upgraded that computer to Win 11, and IP4700 continued to run without problems.

Then I bought a new computer with Win 11 pre-installed: I cannot get the new system to recognize the IP4700. (Tried this a couple of months ago. IIRC, the Canon support s/w wouldn't load correctly.)

Hello, as you can read in the earlier posts, I had the same issue. To remedy the problem, as far as I recall, I disconnected the printer
completely from the PC, I then uninstalled any trace of the IP4700 from the PC, I then downloaded and installed the latest driver
that was available, I then shut down the PC, reconnected the IP4700, started the PC, allowed it to start and settle, I then started the
IP4700, and, in my case, it installed perfectly and is still running beautifully to this day.

○ Unplug USB cable from printer.
○ Remove any and all instances of the drivers you installed.
○ Restart
○ Download the latest driver from Canon.
○ Install latest driver from Canon.
○ Restart
○ Once Windows has loaded, plug printer back into computer.

Ask a Question