Canon MX700 and Apple MacBook OSX Lion ethernet problems.

Canon MX700 and Apple MacBook OSX Lion setup problems.

Hi,

I have a Canon MX700 printer/fax/scanner and a Windows 7 PC wired up to a Linksys wireless router and an Apple MacBook running OSX Lion connected over wireless.

I have had this printer working on my MacBook before under OSX Tiger (with the original CD), and with OSX Leopard and OSX Snow Leopard (by downloading the latest version of the software from Canon).

Now that I've upgraded to OSX Lion I can no longer get the software to make it work. Even though apparently the drivers are all included with Lion (and I've taken all the latest updates) I cannot seem to install the Printer (or Fax) with the latest Mac OSX Lion Canon Network utility.

It has however successfully installed the Bonjour Scanner for which I can get the scan to work perfectly. Strange because when I try to manually add an IP printer, although it says the IP address is valid, it then says it cannot communicate with the printer.

This is a real pain in the butt as I'm currently without a printer on my MacBook.

I'm sure I must be having a mental block on something, so any help would also be appreciated.

Last edited:
Seems its all working now. I managed to download the latest Network utility from Canon and after getting to grips with the not very user friendly interface its all working.

Ask a Question