canon mx700 troubles

Just built new pc. Win 7 64 bit os. Can't get scanner to work. I installed the canon IJ network tool from the cd that came with the printer. I went to the Canon site and got the MP drivers for my os. Printer works. I got the MP navigator from the Canon site. Couldn't install it from the cd. I am told that there is a newer vs and the install was canceled. When I try to scan I am told the scanner driver supported by this software is not installed. Install and try again. I have tried installing and uninstalling from the cd and from the Canon site trying to find a combination that will work. Canon tech support couldn't help. In fact when we were finished the printer didn't work. I uninstalled everything Canon and removed the printer from devices and printers and started over. It seems that the combo of IJ network tool from the disc and the MP drivers from the web site worked to get it to print. Interestingly the Canon Minimaster from Canon did not work.

Ask a Question