Can't get the Printer Spool to STOP!

I've found at least 50 links that explain how to eliminate a file in a printer queue that is blocking everything else from printing. I can't get past the Printer Spool instruction. I've found another 50 that explain what to do if your Printer Spool keeps stopping. NONE of them explain what to do when the blasted Printer Spool WON'T stop.

I have a Dell 3110cn color Laser Printer. A few days ago my PC, with Windows 10, refused to print anything. I checked the queue and realized it was hung up when I deleted everything except one file which refused to delete.

I tried deleting the file. Did not work.
I tried restarting the PC. Did not work.
I tried following instructions to go to the Printer Spool and turn it off. It immediate tells me this entails turning something else off. When I okay that, it makes an attempt, and then reports that it can't due to "Error 1061".
I tried simply bypassing that and doing the next part, by going into Windows 32 and simply deleting the blocked files manually. Then rebooting. Nothing changed.
I tried reinstalling the printer files. Did not work, it got hung up.
I tried uninstalling the printer files on the PC using Settings. It said it couldn't do it, because files were waiting to be priinted. However, it must have removed most of the files, because it doesn't bring up a printer when I go into Settings and look under Printers. .
I tried reinstalling the printer files after doing the uninstall. It gets hung up at 85% and keeping looking as though it is doing something, but never gets any furher than that. And then I can't get rid of it until I turn the PC completely off. Task manager doesn't seem to recognize it at that point.
I even tried doing a file cleanup to see if that would help at all.
I'm running out of things to try, and nothing I'm coming across has any new suggestions.
The printer has been a warhorse all of these years, and I've never had a problem with the files before.

I'm hoping for suggestions! should I re-download something from Windows 10??

Thanks! Unfortunately, this is exactly what I've been trying over and over again. When I click on "Stop" it responds that it also needs to stop "Dell Spool Watcher" (or something to that effect), and when I okay that it informs me that it can't do that on a private computer, gives me the error message I mentioned earlier. And I never get any further.

Ask a Question