Color laser - faded on one side

Hey all

We have a 3 or 4 year old Brother MFC-9840 CDW colored laser printer. Recently we've noticed faded colors on the right side of our prints, mostly noticable on colored prints, but have seen it on black/white scans (this might be an erroneous effect of the particular scans, as black on test prints look fine).

Now, I know what you're thinking: we need to distribute the toners or replacement the toner cartridges right? Well all the colors (and black) have been gentle rocked and distributed, and the test print with a brand new magenta came out exactly the same (magenta is the only color we're alerted to being low).

Here is the test page (I've omitted the black/white sections which printed perfectly). Note the faded green and blue on the far right:
h ttp://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/94dgrif/Temp/CCI08032011_00000.jpg
(sorry for the typoed link - my post count is too low to post links or images)

I'm a computer tech by trade (no, not printers!) so I'm happy to 'get my hands dirty' if you need me to poke about inside.

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Ask a Question