color laser Ricoh Aficio SP C831 DN printer?

Hello, I bought this printer, never liked it and wanted to return but the company refused. I later sold it for half price, but the new owner never liked it either. He could not get it to print either so I gave him his money back and am stuck with it.
It is supposed to print up to 110 lb. index cards but I have not succeeded in any. I have tried over and over but it jams every time. It has a web image monitor, which has to match what is set in the printer driver. I just do not understand how it works. The company definitely misrepresented this printer to sell it.
Can anyone guide me through what type of paper to use to get some nice high quality greetings cards and which tray to print from as well as how to load it. I have loaded it up landscape style, portrait style, and tried to print several types of card stock, but I have had no luck. I spend all my time undoing jams. This printer is an expensive printer so looks like it would print some greeting cards. I ran over 50 cards and never got one because they all jammed.
I would gladly pay somebody something if they can successfully teach me how to use this printer.

Hey Raven,
Those printers work fine and are actually a very good printer - the only DOWNSIDE is - its very confusing to tell the printer WHAT you are printing on and have it MATCH what you are sending. If they are both set fine it will print and almost never jam. - we've run hundreds of thousands of envelopes, cards, you name it - and very very rarely ever get jams - except when you tell it its letter size wide and send a LONG- as the wheels stop turning after 9" as the paper is supposed to be 8.5 - etc. I HATE that part of the machine - but for what it prints and for the cost - its a $20,000 printer for $3900.00. Take a minute to figure out the settings and send the jobs correctly - or hire a high school kid who's more computer savvy - and then have them show you how to run it. (thats what I did) - seriously. The main feed wheel inside is easy to clean when it gets white with paper dust too - which is NICE as you'll get another 100K feeds once you clean it.

Ask a Question