connecting hl-2275dw via ethernet & wifi

I have a HL-2275dw in my basement. I have it connected to a lan via an ethernet cable. I want to set up the wireless capability so I can print with a laptop connected via wifi to the same network and print from desktop computers via the ethernet cable.

Based on the Brother printer FAQ:it seems like:

If the ethernet cable is connected and I wanted to print via the wifi would I have to disconnect the lan cable. And if i wanted to later in the day print from a desktop via the ethernet connection I would have to plug in the ethernet cable. Correct?

In other words the printer isn't "smart enough" to switch between wireless wifi & wired ethernet without messing with the cable. Correct?

If connected via Ethernet, wireless is a mute point since your router is most likely wireless. Normal for all printer to act this way. Ethernet cable plugged in the wireless is disabled because you can only have 1 IP address.

Ask a Question