Connecting printer with laptop only

I have a wireless network at home with wireless router and laptop (no desktop PC). So can anyone fill me in on the best way to get a printer incorporated into this network? I suppose at worst I could just keep the printer tucked away and when I need it just wire it to the laptop. But how would I go about printing wirelessly or what would I need.

Did some reading and have seen bluetooth as a possibility. But the printer I'm looking to buy won't have that capability.

I also came across print servers. But those seem like overkill.

I can't connect it directly to my wireless router can I? I am fairly certain my router doesn't have printer capabilities.

I'm just wondering if there is anything I might be missing.

If the printer doesn't have wireless capability, the only thing I can think of is run an ethernet cable from the router to your laptop, or just go straight USB from your printer to the laptop. Otherwise you may want to look into whether your printer can be upgraded with a wireless card.

Ask a Question