Does Dye Base Ink Go Bad?

I have some Dye Base Ink that I was using with my Epson Artisan 837 before I bought another printer. Now I have
Epson Expressions Photo RX-950.

I had to get new refillable cartridges to use with the new printer. The new printer uses Dye Base Ink which is the same as the old ink I have. The Ink and cartridge supplier told me that I needed to buy new ink because my ink was over a year old. Some of it could be but I know for a fact that all of it is that that old.

My question is does dye based ink go bad, or is this just a plot to sell more ink?

Thanks

Tom

If I my, I follow a site on You Tube that deals with printer and compares OMI to third party inks. I fact this question came up a week ago. In the long and short of it No inks don't go bad. Even if the date states so. I have to give the guys site some credit his name is Jose Rodriguez he has over fourth or more years in the field, so I think he's credible. I follow him daily and have learned so much from him as a photographer home printer myself. Yours Randy D

Ask a Question