Epsom CX4400 cartridge issues

We have one of these printers and bought some Inkrite compatible cartridges about a year ago. We replaced a set of the cartridges with the cartridge holder with the chip on it being replaced too. After replacing one cartridge and its holder some months ago the machine was showing a problem with all cartridges. We tried changing all the cartridges but the problem was the same, so we assumed the printer had a fault.
After discussions with a friend then some research, it is now evident these printers have a problem with some chips on the replacement cartridges.
I did purchase on Ebay an Inkrite chip resetter which showed one cartridge as OK, but it wouldnt reset any cartridges. Contacted the seller who said it doesnt reset Inkrite cartridges (strange) and agreed to refund and me to send it back.
Can anyone advise how I can get this printer back online? If I buy original Epson cartridges (£9 a peice rippoff) will this solve my problems?

Ask a Question