Epson 9800 Paper Sensor or ??

Hi
I have an old Epson 9800 Stylus Pro that I'm trying to keep going. Recently when I load sheet paper, it keeps throwing up a "load paper" error. I put paper in, it does it's little song and dance of running the carriage back and forth over the paper and moving the paper up and down before running the paper to the bottom same as it does when print job has finished and says "load Paper". I can usually get it to work after trying 3 or 4 times, trying different thicknesses or types of paper, but nothing seems to work consistently.

What could be causing this erratic behaviour? Anybody know how exactly the whole paper sensing thing works...eg what sensors are involved etc.

thanks for any attempts at an answer
regards

Len

Hi, I'm having this same issue with my 9800. Have you figured anything out? I just changed the ink from PB to MK and now no ink is coming out of the heads. Just this morning I printed a perfect image w/ PB on luster so I know that the lines and the head are likely not clogged. Very strange behavior!

Any leads?

Ask a Question