Epson Ecotank Ink Types

Hi All.

Just discovered the forum. Please pardon if this has been asked before. Didn't find the answer in a search.

Just bought a new bottle of Epson 512 black ink only to find it's supposed to be exclusively for Ecotank models ET-7700 or ET7750. My printer is an ET3600. Guess I'll return the ink for proper type.

Are there different formulas of ink for Epsons Ecotank models or is it a function of the type bottle the ink is packaged in. Would I have screwed up my ink jets on the ET3600 if I had used the 512 ink? I'm told by EPson that I need T664 ink for the ET3600.

Thanks
Roger

I purchase compatable inks for my Epson Ecotank colour printer, and have never had any problems - apart from getting ink on my fingers when refilling....but then, thats my fault! I always ensure that I purchase from a seller with 100% feedback.

I would say that I make certain that the blurb states the ink is for my specific model, and would not chance using ink which for a different make or model printer, so I think it would be wise to return and swap for the correct ink.

Ask a Question