epson expression 950 photo print problem

I have an epson expression xp 950 that works great except when I print on a cd/dvd or photo paper, (epson brand),The black shows up gray to light white on the dvd/cds and reddish tint on the photo paper. I have a ciss system installed and everything worked great at first,now everything is color wacky.I made some wedding photos on dvds and their hair came out white instead of black. I did 3 print head cleanings 4 nozzel checks and numerous test page printouts. The test pages were perfect so I cleaned my park station pads and the rubber wiper as well as the platen and rollers.Since I'm still using the same dvds that worked in the past,I don't see why they don't work now. could heat affect them i.e. my room was 105 degrees for about a week but not all day, or could a software upgrade cause this problem? Has anyone else had this problem and if so, did they solve it?

Yes, heat at 105 deg can dry out ink and create clogs.
Use OEM Epson ink
Try Removing Ciss system - Install original Epson Cartridges
Re-install printer using cd (prior software upgrade).
Regards
Florida, USA

I have an epson expression xp 950 that works great except when I print on a cd/dvd or photo paper, (epson brand),The black shows up gray to light white on the dvd/cds and reddish tint on the photo paper. I have a ciss system installed and everything worked great at first,now everything is color wacky.I made some wedding photos on dvds and their hair came out white instead of black. I did 3 print head cleanings 4 nozzel checks and numerous test page printouts. The test pages were perfect so I cleaned my park station pads and the rubber wiper as well as the platen and rollers.Since I'm still using the same dvds that worked in the past,I don't see why they don't work now. could heat affect them i.e. my room was 105 degrees for about a week but not all day, or could a software upgrade cause this problem? Has anyone else had this problem and if so, did they solve it?
Thanks for the idea.Haven't tried this idea yet, however I just ordered the OEM ink (expensive)! I will keep you posted on the results as soon as the ink comes in and I try It out.

Update:
Thanks Ruffin, I did what you told me to do and now everything is perfect.I couldn't have done it without you.
Thanks ever so much.

Ask a Question