Epson printer not recognized by iPhone or iPad

I can print from my MacBook Pro but I can no longer print from my iPhone or iPad. My printer is Epson WorkForce Pro WP4740. The message that pops up is 'no air printer found' when I try to print from those mobile devices. Any help will be greatly appreciated. UPDATE: Also, the printer will not allow me to change ink cartridges. Usually, when I open to change a cartridge, the carrier slides toward the middle. Now it does not and just sits on the right side and gives me two short beeps.

Last edited:
Ive just been locked in a 2 day battle with Apple AirPrint and my Epson Home XP-4205. Neither my wife's iPad or my iPad Pro would recognise the printer but I can print wirelessly from my Windows 10 pc and my Android Phone. I was also getting the "No AirPrint printers found" on the Apple device(s)
I don't know what router you use but I found this article which refers to my own Asus router but the settings may apply to whatever router you are using. It appears to have done the trick for me (touch wood)
It seems from the blog post that the Airtime Firness (whatever that is) was causing the problems for many folk.

The issue is obviously router related so if you are using a router from another manufacturer it may be worth getting in touch with their tech support quoting some of the properties mentioned in the article above.

Last edited:

Ask a Question