Epson WF-7610 Prints color bands even when printing in black & white

I'm looking for some help with my WF-7610. I've had this problem that's slowly gotten worse where when I print in black and white, I get color bands printed on the page. When I attempt to print something in color it's pretty much a mess with barely any color printing correctly. I've attached a nozzle check page, printed straight from the printer, and an arbitrary 'Test Page' printed in monochrome/black & white.

So far I've tried power cycling the printer, updating the drivers, print head cleaning through the printer menu, different black and blue ink cartridges I had on hand, andly lightly manually cleaning around the print head & ink . No change.

Any troubleshooting advice, or even remote idea what's causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• scan20230707_17572799.jpg
    scan20230707_17572799.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 8
  • scan20230707_18060747.jpg
    scan20230707_18060747.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 7
The lower set of color bands look out of place, as if the printer is attempting to do something it shouldn't. I have this printer and don't recall the test pattern looking like that. Is the printer attached using wi-fi?

Nope, ethernet connected. It used to be wi-fi connected a year ago but I've since ran cables throughout the house. The color issues started 2-3 weeks ago.

I don't believe that should be a factor though, since the nozzle check printed from the menu screen on the printer shows the similar problems as on my "Test Page" I printed from my computer.

I'm looking for some help with my WF-7610. I've had this problem that's slowly gotten worse where when I print in black and white, I get color bands printed on the page. When I attempt to print something in color it's pretty much a mess with barely any color printing correctly. I've attached a nozzle check page, printed straight from the printer, and an arbitrary 'Test Page' printed in monochrome/black & white.

So far I've tried power cycling the printer, updating the drivers, print head cleaning through the printer menu, different black and blue ink cartridges I had on hand, andly lightly manually cleaning around the print head & ink . No change.

Any troubleshooting advice, or even remote idea what's causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated!
It looks like you haven't printed color images in a long time)) You need to flush the print head with a special liquid. However, you can also perform several programmed cleanings or advanced printhead cleanings. If there is no improvement after 3-5 cleanings, you should contact a service center to have the print head flushed.

It looks like you haven't printed color images in a long time)) You need to flush the print head with a special liquid. However, you can also perform several programmed cleanings or advanced printhead cleanings. If there is no improvement after 3-5 cleanings, you should contact a service center to have the print head flushed.
1. Where / how is advanced printhead cleaning accessed to perform?
2. How do I flush the print head?
3. What is where can I get the special liquid for flushing the printhead?
Thanks, Bill

Ask a Question