Epson XP-610 - asking me to replace black ink multiple times

From last week I could print without a problem with my Epson XP-610 printer, today it said 'You need to replace the following ink cartridge' BK. I have replaced the black cartridge noticing that the black cartridge that needed to be replaced was halfway full.
After replacing the cartridge I still couldn't print and it still asking to replace the black cartridge. I have swapped the black cartridge back and still asking to replace it, I replaced it with a new one still asking to replace the black cartridge. The printer is just about 2 years old and hardly been used. I use remanufactured cartridges. Anyone knows a way around this to fix.

Sounds as though you are using non OEM ink and cartridge.
Replace with Epson brand only.
You may have received latest Epson Firmware update, which precludes use of non OEM ink & cartridges
Regards

Sounds as though you are using non OEM ink and cartridge.
Replace with Epson brand only.
You may have received latest Epson Firmware update, which precludes use of non OEM ink & cartridges
Regards

The firmware I have is the NA15G6 Release date 15/06/2016, I don't think it's the firmware issue.

Every time I replace a cartridge the LCD says 'Place a cap on the ink cartridge after removing it from the printer' I have never seen this message when I replaced cartridge before.

Ask a Question