ET-15000 random print!

Hi . . . I'm hoping someone can help with an annoying issue I've started having with my Epson ET-15000

It now prints the following message at random points during the day without being asked!

GET / eSCL/Scanner Status HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost

Any ideas, please?

Hi Andy.

Similar issues were noted on other printers' brands. Usually, those were fixed with driver updates.
You may also update the printer firmware, but many people don't recommend doing that, since the manufacturers usually implement some controls on your printer via firmware releases, leading to some frustrating and troubling situations in the future.
So, after updating to the latest drivers, if it doesn't work, I strongly suggest contacting Epson support.

BTW, I was looking for purchasing a new printer and I was considering that Epson ET-15000. How is your overall experience, would you recommend it?
Also, I need A3 printing. I couldn't find info anywhere, but I believe this paper size has to be loaded by the back paper feed. Is it so, can you confirm, please? This is important because the printer will go to a shelf and loading A3 paper on the back won't work in my case...

Thanks.
Regards.

Hello Hartwin
Thank you for your reply to my question . . . I'll have a go at updating the drivers and see how it goes!
Regarding the ET-15000 printer, I'm really happy with it. It prints high quality and caters for all my needs. I can certainly recommend EcoTank for its economy - the ink bottle refills are cheaper than cartridges and seem to last forever! You are correct that the A3 (and A3+) size paper has to be fed from the back of the printer, which is fine for me, but will cause you a problem.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas!
Andy

Ask a Question