ET-4700 Color Issue

Hello Epson Printer People!

I recently bought an Epson ET-4700. I discovered that it doesn't print as well as my old Workforce 615. I compared a picture printed on both printers and the Workforce print was much more accurate with regards to color. The ET-4700 was much more contrast-y and had too much magenta in the color mix, reducing the blues and yellows in the image. The ET-4700 software doesn't seem to allow color adjustment.

Is there another EcoTank printer that would do a better job? I still have time to return the ET-4700.

Thanks for any input.

- ES

Have you checked if the ink is okay? Or maybe the cartridge has some issues. I never encountered such problem in my previous Epson printer but I hope you'll get through it.

Thank you for your response.

The new printer is an Epson EcoTank (ET-4700) so there are no cartridges. Printing an image with our old Epson printer (Workforce 615) and comparing it to the same image printed by the EcoTank model showed a big difference in color. There was a greater amount of magenta in the image printed by the EcoTank which reduced blue and yellow hues in the image. The old printer created an image that was much more true to the original colors in the image.

Without color controls in the printer software, we may have to make adjustments to the image in Photoshop before printing and see how it goes.

Ask a Question