Help selecting printer

I am thinking of making a switch since I only use black, from my inkjet HP Photosmart C5180 to a Laser printer as I heard it saves cost per page more. But then again, I am not so sure if I should keep using the inkjet or buy a Laser as I heard the cartridge AND the drums need to be replaced, thus wasting more money.
With my HP Photosmart, I just hate the fact how I cannot print black when the colour runs out. So I'd have to buy colour to use black.
In the long run would buying the laser benefit more in terms of cost of everything than the inkjet?
I was thinking to keep on using the inkjet, replacing black and colour IF the cost of laser i.e. cartridge and drums cost more.
Please help me select.
By the way, just to let you know how often I print, I am a uni student so I'd be printing about 100 pages per month

Last edited:
One way to start your search is to pick a familiar brand and look at the cost per page. For example, the HP LaserJet P2055dn with the CE505X cartridge will cost .02 per page. Is that okay with you?

Ask a Question