High resolution Scan question

So I need to make high resolution pictures so I can transfer them to software to engrave the images.
So can you take a low resolution picture on these scanners and create a higher resolution picture to send to the computer?
The scanner is more important then the printing but looking for best buy too.

Technically speaking, you can accomplish exactly what you claim to desire. However, there would be no perceivable benefit by doing so. In other words, you can increase the resolution of any scanned image to the maximum level permitted by your scanner. However, the result will never be better than the original image, although you will end up with a file being much larger than necessary. An analogy would be to take a picture of an old Polaroid picture with a 35 mm camera. Even though the 35 mm camera is of superior quality, it will never give you a picture any better than what the eye can see (assuming of course, you have good vision).

What you really want to do is take an image and significantly improve its quality. The scanning process in and of itself will not accomplish that. You would then need to subsequently use some sort of photo editing software to improve upon its quality. The best way to do that is beyond my level of expertise, but I’m sure there are many who can advise you in that area.

Ask a Question