HL-L2300D Toner light keeps flashing after getting new toner

Hi,
I had recently purchased a used Brother HL-L2300D. The man said it just needed a new toner. When I purchased it the toner light would just stay on, indicating that it needs to be replaced. So I bought a new one from this source - https://www.cartridgepeople.com/Ton...eplacement-Black-Toner-Cartridge-5867-CP.html

After installing the toner. The light would start blinking, indicating that it isn't installed correctly. Everything is in the right place. I have also done the manual resets and such with no luck. Any suggestions on a fix? Thank you

Hi,
I had recently purchased a used Brother HL-L2300D. The man said it just needed a new toner. When I purchased it the toner light would just stay on, indicating that it needs to be replaced. So I bought a new one from this source - https://www.cartridgepeople.com/Ton...eplacement-Black-Toner-Cartridge-5867-CP.html

After installing the toner. The light would start blinking, indicating that it isn't installed correctly. Everything is in the right place. I have also done the manual resets and such with no luck. Any suggestions on a fix? Thank you

Some companies are putting chips in their parts so you can't use a GENERIC supply part. Office Max usually has a good return policy (keep the receipt) and you could try the name brand cartridge and see if that solves the problem, with the plan to return it if it doesn't solve the issue. Sometimes on returns with them I have had to accept store credit, but I buy from them all the time so don't mind that. Just paid $25 for batteries and with their 100% rewards sale got $25 credit for the ink I need.

Some companies are putting chips in their parts so you can't use a GENERIC supply part. Office Max usually has a good return policy (keep the receipt) and you could try the name brand cartridge and see if that solves the problem, with the plan to return it if it doesn't solve the issue. Sometimes on returns with them I have had to accept store credit, but I buy from them all the time so don't mind that. Just paid $25 for batteries and with their 100% rewards sale got $25 credit for the ink I need.

Thanks for the tip man. Appreciate it.

Ask a Question