Home printer

Hi, :)
I'm looking for a mid range home use printer.
I really need it for printing documents and text , and not pictures.
I'm talking about 2-4 full text pages in a week( maybe a little more), and 20-30 pages every two month for school projects . Those numbers are not really accurate .

I need a multicolored printer just for the occasional different color headlines,some markings and really small pictures, but it's use will be about 90% for Text and documents.
The most important thing for me is the ink cartridges price, cheap.
I don't really need fax or scan functions, so the most important thing is - the printer itself .

I have two printers on my mind right now- HP DESKJET INK ADVANTAGE 4625 , which has good specs and cheap ink cartridges but I don't know what's the text quality , because there aren't a lot of reviews for it .
on the other hand- Canon PIXMA IP7250, which is an awesome printer,every thing I need (except CD printing , but that's cool :p), but the ink is expensive.

The only thing that makes me wonder about canon is - when talking about page cost, and ink cost in comparison to the HP, is it worth it? (And I'll use the black ink mostly ,so I won't be needing a new color ink cartridge for a few months, maybe a year)

What printer is better for me from those two?

Thanks in advance :)
Sorry if I confused you , if something is not understandable ,please just ask. (English is not my native language :D)

Thanks for providing reasonably detailed info you what you are looking for. Many posts are very vague.

Have you consider a mono laser, and make other arrangements for the occasional print-jobs that need color?

If you live near a relatively large city, would a used printer from Craigslist be an option?

I've only owned Canon printers, but older ones that mostly use relatively easy-to-refill CLI-8 cartridges (once you've tackled the steep learning curve ... and an MP990 which uses smaller, harder-to-refill CLI-221 cartridges).

I have my doubts that OEM ink from Canon will be more expensive that HP. Cartridges from non-OEM will be much less expensive, but prone to problems and inconsistency from batch to batch.

From the Canon spec page, I would speculate that the iP7250 is capable of excellent photo prints. I much prefer the iP line of printers, which are only for printer, and don't have scanners and copiers that complicate the printer, and prone to problems.

Ask a Question