HP 8710 not working

I installed an 8710 4 years ago, in my brothers house and his wife (mouse clickers). Today I spent hours and got nowhere.
Is there a way to reset printer to default, uninstall software? Since all passwords all lost in space ;)
THX

If using Windows OS go to Printers and Devices and select your printer, it might already be set as default, if it is try running troubleshooter by right clicking device/properties-should be a tab for troubleshooting and you can access driver install as well.

If using Windows OS go to Printers and Devices and select your printer, it might already be set as default, if it is try running troubleshooter by right clicking device/properties-should be a tab for troubleshooting and you can access driver install as well.
You might not believe this BUT I have always told people to use manufactures ink cartridges. They have bain chips in them, since I have always reminded my brother to use only HP cartridges.....the cheap SOB very rarely does. So I took a new box with me just in case. Replaced the wholesale refill with brand X ink. Fired up the first computer and the lo and behold the printer started to spit out pages that were in memory and same with the second computer. All I did was stare at him and shook my head. I didn't say anything then I just left. His wife called me today and tanked me.

I wonder if that issue applies to cartridges manufactured by 3rd parties under the OEM's brand, had an older printer that OEM stopped manufacturing and except for one supplier who had some expired cartridges in stock, other suppliers only carried 3rd party cartridges. Always had problems with the 3rd party cartridges (usually only clogging issues), rarely with the expired ones.

Ask a Question