HP OfficeJet L7480 - Head/s problem

This great 'All-in-One' printer just stopped working. Everything lights up - the screen says:
'' There is a Problem with the Printing Head/s Black/Yellow''. I have used this printer mainly for Black and White copying and have always used compatable inks without any trouble. It's a realy good heavy duty ink jet printer and I realy want to get it working again. Can anyone tell me what to do?. I don't mind if it just prints Black and White. I've thought of trying to get hold of another (same) printer and 'swopping' the heads over but I would love to have some guidence from someone who has done this before - I haven't !!!
Please Help Me !!!

Hi.
Its the printhead cause the problem.Try clean the printhead contacts with some alcohol (of corse shut down the printer),wait to dry copletely,check the printer side contacts,if dirty clean it,reinstall the head ,power on the printer.
If you get back the error you must replace the printhead.

The other option is that the printhead is past its usable life as determined by HP.
in that case you buy a new printhead.

smoggy

Ask a Question